Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rain and reflection

As I write this short personal post, the rain is starting to fall on our house. We are all pretty settled down tonight. Some are writing in their journals and others reading in their books. Still, others are already sound asleep.

Tomorrow, we will attend church service at the Presbyterian church on the complex. We practiced songs to sing tonight, and I am really looking forward to this!

A few special thank yous:

-Thanks to Abby and Jacie for being guest bloggers this week.
-Thanks to my family and boy for keeping me from getting too emotional tonight. (Getting a little homesick and we aren't even halfway through!)
-Thank you to all who are reading this blog. It feels really nice to know that people are paying attention. Share us with your friends and keep us in your minds and hearts as we continue here in Chogoria.

Good night/ good afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    It is fun to read your blog. I am thinking you are homesick due to the celebration happening at your house. Yes, my family is at your house, but it sounds like you are making great memories of your own. Be safe...much love, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! I am enjoying reading your blog! It seems you are having a wonderful time and I am so proud of all you are doing! I look forward to reading much more! :)
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I definitely was missing the celebration at my home, but everyday seems to be a mini celebration here in Kenya.

    ReplyDelete